Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy New Year

So we're 10 days into the New Year and what a better time to role out my Goals, not resolutions. I actually came up with them on the 1st, but as you know Mr. Procrastination got the best of me!!! I think I came up with a very good list, I'm over that hump (25) and have got to start thinking about my future. So here they go (in no particular order): 

*Have a Relationship- I'm getting a little older and the biological clock is beginning to tick, so I need to date with a purpose. I think I'm ready to take the guard down and have a meaningful relationship with someone, a relationship with the ability to grow into more.

*Stop cursing/cussing- Enough said... I  really, really, tried but I can't imagine not using my favorite words or phrases. I think I'll try to say them less frequently unless its just pure fuckery, LOL!!!

*Start a career- Since college I've merely had jobs, in a nutshell working to pay the bills but no real interest. I should be teaching (I've dedicated a post to this) ... something, or a maybe a trainer for a company. I need the ability to have variety, color, and especially PAID TIME OFF, I'm talking summers!!!

*Become active in my Sorority- I really, really, miss this... SISTERHOOD IS ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA. I will take all of the steps to become active, meet sorors in my area, and become more involved in community service.

*Become HAPPIER in general- learning NOT TO SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. Time brings about change, and change brings about growth.

*Get magazine subscriptions- I spend way too much money buying off the stands, I've given myself a limit of 5 subscriptions. Anything that doesn't arrive by mail, I will have to read in the bookstore or at the nail shop.

*Read a book each month- I love reading and I have soooo many books I've yet to complete. So maybe I can tackle one a month and do some type of review.

*Get out- Become more comfortable with the area as well as my surroundings and do more. Find the social butterfly I left in Ga. 

*Get my credit in check- SELF EXPLANATORY

*Find a church I can grow in- I think this is one of my main reasons for not being happy in Va. I need to find a church I enjoy and can grow in.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ben Nye is a theatrical company that produces theatrical makeup...

You can usually find their products at theater stores and costume shops...

I ordered my palette online...
Here's the video i did about it...

Hope that helps!

Chanel said...

I think I am going to have to follow your lead and post my goals. Number 2 and the last are on my list!

Anonymous said...

Your goals are reasonable and realistic. I wish you much success in each and every one of them. Life is for the living and you simply have to give your best to get the best. Embrace where you are, VA is not bad. GA will always be home and that is usually where the heart is. Achurch, socializing w/sorors, and a date with a purpose should enhance your life immensely. I be keeping tabs on our progress. Love ya, cuz!

MISST84 said...

Your goals are very realistic and it similar to mine..:)..good luck!!!