Wednesday, September 15, 2010

CONFESSIONS OF A COUPON WHORE EDITION I



I must confess I LOVE TO SHOP. But there is nothing more exciting than getting a deal. If you follow me on twitter then you know that I am FOREVER talking about using a coupon. I usually hashtag-> #confessionsofacouponwhore. I am ALWAYS on the lookout for a good deal and ecstatic if I can find a great deal. So why not introduce a little segment which focuses on the coupons that I receive and the items that I purchase.

Luckily an old friend sent me the coupon above in the mail (yes it is that serious). SN- Last week there was a coupon in The Examiner (metro newspaper) that I missed. I bet you're like how did you miss that. I usually read The Express (more trendy/colorful) and not The Examiner (old fashioned layout/dull). I digress. Once I found out there was a $10 off $25 I called and asked my co-worker to take my other co-workers paper out the trash!!! So yes it is that serious. Coupon whoring ain't for everybody... but somebody gots ta do it!!! I usually receive Macy's coupons myself, but I am no where at the level that he is in regard to shopping there. So needless to say he receives a lot of great coupons to entice him to shop more. Honestly I was NEVER a Macy's shopper until I started working there. I just thought they were a huge department store that was expensive. However, in retrospect, they have amazing deals usually weekly. And if you're as great a shopper (as I'd like to think of myself) you'd be able to strategically wait right until your 'item' goes on sale. Then BAMMM hit em with a coupon!!!

Initially I thought the shoes below were cute. The clog is actually the 'it' shoe for fall. I actually put the display shoe on and of course it was waaay too big. From that experience I thought the show was heavy (go figure, wrong size). Once I tried on my size... I just knew!!! The heel isn't too high because the platform is there to aide. So I'm happy to say that that they're comfortable.








So just to show you proof of purchase, as well as the awesome savings. Take a look at the receipt below. And that total is before my employee discount!!! FYI you can also find the shows for the low at Nordstrom Rack and the heel is a darker shade of brown.


No comments: