Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering Sept. 11th



I remember Sept. 11th 2011 like it was yesterday. It was one of the most beautiful days ever. 10 years ago my friend ran into my dorm room and announced that the world trade center collapsed. My roommate/bestie/soror and I sat up half sleep and in disbelief of what we heard and what we were about to see. I remember the entire campus walking around like zombies. No one knew what was going on if we were safe as a school and more importantly as a country.

Over this past week I've watched several specials and 1st hand accounts of what happened on Sept. 11th. Even watching all of the footage 10 years later my emotions are still raw. I can't watch at all without my eyes becoming teary. I'm actually watching as I type and that particular area in NY looked like a ghost town. If I remember correctly, I thought at the time, the President didn't react quickly enough, but after watching his initial response, I saw he too was in shock (if not more). There were sooo many people that lost their lives and my thoughts and prayers go out to each of them and their families. 10 years later I'm a bit more mature and able to see the act of terrorism as it is. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be on one of the top floors above where the actual plane hit and know that I'm not going to make it down.

I see why the choice to go to Afghanistan was made although I don't fully understand it. I'm going to end with God Bless America and all the people that lost their lives on Sept. 11th or in the Afghan War as a result f Sept. 11th. Sept. 11th is a date that will forever be etched in my heart and mind. Gone but not forgotten!!!

No comments: