Monday, November 19, 2012

Influenster Beauty Bloggers Voxbox 2012




I was super excited to be selected to review the Fall 2012 Voxbox. This is my second time around receiving the goodies. There were a few products that I either didn't review or found a bit difficult to review.



Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream $6.00 (Full size 4 oz.)

-I normally don't use frizz control cream, because at times I like big frizzy hair. This cream smelled nice but I was a bit unsure of how to use it on my texture.


EBOOST

-The package stated it would boost your mood, focus, and immunity with natural ingredients and no crash.

-I did not review this product based on the warning label


Goody Simply Styles Spin Pin $7.29
-I've always wanted to try this product so I am super excited that it was included in the box. Unfortunately, my hair is not straight so I was unable to use the product correctly. If there are any curly/kinky haired ladies that have had success with this product, please teach me.


Bath & Body Works Mini Candles $3.50

-This was my FAV product in the box. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE candles from Bath and Body Works, especially when the 3-wick is $10. Luckily, also in the box was a coupon for a $10 3-wick candle (they are usually $20). The scent I received was pumpkin cupcake, yummy!!!


NYC New York Color Individual Eyes Custom Compact $4.99

-I received the kit for brown eyes (lucky me). I've seen theses in the store before and wondered how they worked but I've never purchased it before. Let's just say that I'm happy I didn't. What I like about the product is that everything was included in the palatte, which means you don't have to fill your makeup kit with 30 things. Unfortunately the primer didn't make the color last long or really show up that much. I ended up reapplying before stepping out later. The colors alone, weren't very well pigmented either. I doubt if I'd purchase this product on my own.


Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit $ 5.99

- Naturally I have long lashes, so I only wear lashes for special occasions. I decided to put these on just to glam up a bit at work. Let's just say I felt like I put a track (weave) on my eyelid. Theses were the heaviest lashes ever. The band was sooo thick. The only thing that I liked about this product was the pink tweezer like tool that helps you put your lashes on (although I've never used on to put on lashes before).  I'll give the lashes another try but I prefer the brand that I currently use.

I can't wait until the next Voxbox!!!



No comments: