Monday, August 26, 2013

Roll With The Punches...

OMG, I have been on yet another hiatus. With my sporadic posting, you wouldn't be able to tell that I actually enjoy blogging lol. I can't believe summer is almost over and I haven't taken 1 dip in the pool or felt sand in between my toes or even a stay-cation for that matter (that makes me sad). Nothing much has changed, I'm still don't have full-time job or my own place *yikes*. Being laid off for these past 7 months has really allowed me to see things from different perspectives. I've learned a lot about people, but more importantly, I've learned a lot about myself and God. I think that He has used this time to remind me that He is still in control.  I will admit, I am a bit of a control freak and very impatient. And honestly, those have been my biggest challenges in regard to being unemployed; I wanted a job and I wanted it now. Interview, after interview, after interview and not even an e-mail to state that I wasn't selected for a position gets very discouraging. However, I do have a new outlook. I am now at a point where whatever happens, happens. I've relinquished all control and I've come to accept the fact that maybe Va. isn't the place for me and because of my living arrangement I have set a definite time frame of leaving (funny how God works because I did that prior and I'm still here).  I realize that every time life chooses to punch me someway I've been able to get back up and try again. I've also seen God work on and through me before; and he's never taken something away and not replaced it with something better.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Hang in there. Like you said, God definitely has something great for you. I'm a bit of a control freak as well. I was also laid off around the end of last year. I'd like to think that I was already living a simple life WITH income and now I had to restructure it to live an even simpler life. But it humbled me.. and like you, it reminded me that God is in control and has a plan for me. And let me just say that I love God's plan WAAYYY more than that plan I had. (: