Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I did something I've NEVER done before...



Over the weekend I did something that I’ve NEVER done before… I went to the movies by myself. Since moving to Va. I’ve become sooo independent. I usually go out to eat by myself all the time but I’ve NEVER gone to the movies alone. If you follow me on Twitter, then you know how hype I’ve been over the movie Rio. As soon as I saw the previews with the enticing colors and music, I knew I had to see it. I am totally a big kid at heart when it comes to cartoons. I chose my DirectTV package based on the Boomerang channel.  When I started college my undergraduate major was early childhood education (before I changed it) and what I enjoyed most was the color and creativity. So you can see why I just had to get out and see the movie, even if that meant going alone.
The movie was sooo sweet, in the end a true love story. There was also a lot of humor for kids and adults too. There were music was awesome there were selections by Jaime Foxx, will.i.am, Taio Cruz, Este Dean, and many more. Some of the songs made me want to create a Zumba routine, LoL!!! My FAV part or thing about the movie is that there were so many women and men with natural hair. Once they arrived in Rio there was a woman on the beach with an afro puff so you know I was super excited!!! And one of the bad guys had dreds too. My only wish is that I were able to enjoy the movie with my favorite kid. If you all haven't seen it, it's such a great movie to see (especially if you're a big kid like me)!!! After seeing this movie I definitely want to vacation next year in beautiful Rio de Janeiro (on to look for a payment plan, LoL).


3 comments:

Marcy L. said...

so i see you did enjoy yourself, i did that once and when i got there i was all hyped to see the movie "Crash" with Lorenze Tate, Terrance Howard and some others but anyway as i was waiting to get my snacks this guy was behind me and said excuse me what movie are you going to see? Now me being who i am i was like why? And then he said are you by yourself? I said to him you sure are asking alot of questions, then he said if you are going to see the movie "Crash" can i sit with you, I told him yea but do not talk to me cause i really want to see this movie!Anyway he turned out to be a nice gentlemen! So you never know what you will find when you go to the movies by yourself!

Why Not Kristin said...

I can't lie there were some cute guys there. But they were either married or had a slew of kids with them lol. Who knows maybe I'll try an 'adult' movie by myself. #Neverknow it might just be the day that some lucky handsome guy finds his future wife (me). A girl can wish, right?

Unknown said...

So proud of you! When you think about it, it really isn't that bad because we shouldn't be talking in the movies anyway. It took me forever to go to a movie alone and I absolutely loved it. Someone will always comment! Maturity is something but independence is priceless!