Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thinking of June in July Pt 2

I'm still thinking of my 30th birthday weekend. It really turned out to be great. I will admit, I was super nervous about turning 30. Not because I'm officially out of the young, fun, 20s decade; but because I didn't feel as if I'd be able to celebrate it as I'd like to. I wanted friends from Ga. and family around. I mean I wanted the big she-bang!!!  And because that wasn't feasible, I'd decided to give up. It wasn't until my mom appeared in my dream, and while the two of us ate Chipotle she simply stated that I had to do something. And just like that, the wheels began to turn and I did ALL of my planning. From recommendations from Facebook and Yelp, to making reservations, and sending out Evites. Honestly, aside from the addition of family/friends and the fact that I should have ordered a birthday cake (go with your first mind, I will definitely have a cake next year) I wouldn't have changed a thing. My weekend celebration started out with drinks at Stan's followed by a visit to an 18 floor makeshift museum full of art, booze, and music. Early that Saturday morning, we sat out for some zip-lining followed by a dinner later in the afternoon. The night ended with my friends getting me VIP at a lounge. The weekend was GREAT, I'll let the pics be worth a thousand words...






 


 

 












No comments: