Sunday, November 4, 2012

Do Something Out of The Ordinary...

As Andre 3000 so eloquently put it... 'Do something out of the ordinary, like catch a matinee'. This weekend I definitely did something out of the ordinary. My friend decided to orchestrate a Girls Night Out at an NBA game. Now you know... your girl is not into sports (football players is another story). I toyed over and over with the idea; asking myself why would I spend $39 on a basketball game. I mean those are funds that I could use in my closet. However, I decided it was time for a change. Time to simply do something different, so I did.




All Black Everythang

I had a super cute outfit in mind, but lets just say that didn't happen (you will see it here soon). No worries, I still pulled off an all black outfit along with my super cute thrifted belt. For some reason, I felt a bit like a Power Ranger mixed with a bit of Powerpuff girls. I have to admit aside from being in a nosebleed section (thanks Groupon) the game was AWESOME!!! I mean, I can't believe I'm typing that I'd like to do it again, but I would.


#Nosebleed
Afterwards, the crew and I headed out for dinner. Of course we would wind up at the 1 and only Busboy's and Poet. If you ever visit DC this is a definitely a venue to visit. Great food and an eclectic atmosphere.


I decided to try the caramel mocha before eating my usual catfish with extra capers (I LOVE capers). Of course I had to make sure that my lipstick was popping after dinner. The night did not end there, you know we had to step out since we'd get an extra hour to party. After walking around looking for a lounge/club that was not $20; we decided to cab it over to my FAV spot on U St. Red Lounge.


Do you notice that I put my hair into a cute bow.



Just dancing  (probably to something ratchet). Had to make a 'stank' face.



Power of the Pinky

Last but not least I definitely want to send a Happy AKAversary to my line sisters Gamma Sigma Fall 2001. 11 years strong!!! How did you all spend your weekend?





1 comment:

Kenzie Leigh said...

hey! i nominated you for a Liebster award!!

http://lovekenzieleigh.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html