Friday, February 1, 2013

National Wear Red Day


                                                                                                                               via

Yay, its February and you know what that means; the month dedicated to love and Black History Month. Not only that, today is a day dedicated in fighting against heart disease in women by wearing red. Let me be the first to say I am not too fond of red, but today Pink Goes Red. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women. Each year heart disease takes the life 1 in 3 women. Heart disease is very important to me because it is a very serious health issue in my own family as well as African Americans in general.

In honor of National Wear Red Day, my sorority sisters met up to have red mani's and Pedi's. It was a great time to bond and spread awareness.

                                                                                 My Sorority sisters and I after our mani's and Pedi's


                                                                 Although I'm not a fan of red I LOVED this OPI color and my FAB cocktail ring

                                My dresscode at work is ALL black but I bucked the system and put on these shoes to show my support #Healthyhearts

No comments: