Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Georgia On My Mind...




I can't believe that I am doing sooo many challenges this month. I am participating in the IG September Photo A Day and I have never been able to make it pass day 2 sooo we'll definitely see how that goes. As I was doing my daily stalker deeds on feedly, I noticed that Ishea was participating in Blogtember, hosted by Jenni at Story Of My Life. I figured this would be great in motivating me to write on daily basis, check out her blog to get all of the deets.

The first topic is to describe where or what you come from. I come from the 3rd largest city in Georgia, Columbus. This is the area that I spent most of my life in and have sooo many memories that I cherish; sitting on the front porch, sucking honeysuckles, and catching lightening bugs are just a few. I am the oldest child and the oldest grandchild, so to say that I'm spoiled is an understatement. Since I grew up in the home with my grandparents I often thought that I was their youngest child. Although, I was reared by my grandparents I still had a very normal upbringing as a teenager. I attended sooo many parties, games, drill team captain, and I honestly was able to have an open relationship with them. There were a few restrictions that I didn't understand at the time, like attending my friend in 9th grades baby shower and having to wait a little bit past the age of 16 to date. I am super lucky to have grandparents and family that helped to mold and shape me into the woman that I am today. Now that I live in Virginia, I have a newfound respect for Georgia. I honestly think it's the place I want to get married and actually raise my kids. I want them to understand the importance of saying 'yes sir' and 'no sir', the meaning of treating people the way you want to be treated, how to enjoy the entire pig (chitlins, pig feet, hog mog, neck bones) and actually know the meaning of ya'll. I am proud to be from a state full of history and to be Southern bred and corn bread fed!!!

3 comments:

Teronda said...

Girl, I failed both of my August challenges: #31writenow (I clearly didn't write a post a day) and the Deepak-Oprah 21-Day Meditation challenge. I made it to Day 5. SMH.

By the way, I'll eat the chitlins (with vinegar and hot sauce) and some greens and potato salad on the side but you can keep the pig feet, hog mog and neck bones!

Pynkstarr said...

Lol @Teronda girl I failed at that deepak and oprah meditation too...maybe next time right. I am going to challenge myself to read your blog everyday in blogtember, I know its not t the same as blogging but I just can't at the moment. I love this challenge tho.

Why Not Kristin said...

@Teronda, I sooo failed at that challenge too lol!!! Girl, I'm straight country, I love every pary of the P-I-G!!! We actually make a chitlin sandwich lol and put mustard on it!!!
@Pynkstarr- Hey girl, long time!!! Thank you sooo much for reading and commenting on my blog!!! Now I'm going to have to work extra hard to actually post on time and not at 11 PM (like I'm doing now)!!!