Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Review


I started out my weekend on Friday by missing a jazz event held at a local venue, to attend a sleep study. Yep, you heard right, a sleep study/ Problem is, your girl has been falling asleep at the wheel, and that's no bueno!!! A few of my family members have had sleep studies so I already knew what to expect. When I arrived the sleep center's decor was beautiful and it smelled great. I was taken to my room which was also ultra nice. There was a flat screen attached to the wall so that I could still view all of my shows. And the bed was also a sleep number bed. I die (wait, definitely don't wanna do that seeing as though I stop breathing during my sleep). I wish I would have snapped a pic after the sleep tech attached all of the equipment to me. I definitely looked like a robot or something. I had wires or sensors attached above my eyes, legs, head (as in, in my hair) and fingers. Uncomfortable was not the word. I'm happy that I'm not the type that has to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Other than my hands continuing to fall asleep and the goo they had to put on me to attach the sensors, I had a really good nights sleep,  or so I thought.


Saturday, the babe and I (really just me) were looking for something exciting to do. So I suggested an arcade. Since we're both way past our teenage years we needed a place with food to, so why not Dave and Buster's. The BEST thing about that plan is Dave and Buster's have a great selection of adult games as well as good food for a low price. As always we began to second guess ourselves basically because it was going to take 45 minutes to get there. We ended up changing and going to a spot in Alexandria called Lucky's. It was actually a total knockoff of Dave and Buster's but on a much smaller level and not really family friendly (if ya ask me). Let's just say me and the babe had a great time there. We played basketball and I tried really, really hard to beat him but I couldn't. My competitive nature started to rise and we played about 9 games against each other. We also had a motorcycle race. I sucked balls MAJORLY. And last we played table hockey. And guess who ended up winning... yours truly. Look at those stats below.



After gaming, we had worked up quite a hunger and I decided for us to go somewhere else to eat since I wasn't in the mood for 'bar food' and didn't know if  their calamari was up to par ( I really want calamari). However, we ended at Applebee's since they are low in cost as well as calories. We both enjoyed a steak dinner for about $30.



Sunday the babe textd me at work to say that he passed another IT certification and deemed it as 'his day'. Since I try to have  a balance on eating out and cooking I decided that we take a trip to Wegman's and we'd cook his choice of a meal. I am sooo happy that we were on the same page cause he chose baked fish (herb crusted tilipia), baked potato, and carrots. We also bought a rotisserie chicken so that we could make BeautyFash's chicken salad recipe (trying to save ca$h on lunch and not eat out).   All in all it was a great weekend!!! I can only imagine what I'll get into this coming weekend since it'll be Superbowl Sunday (I need to find a party ASAP).



Update:Today I received a call in regard to my sleep study from Friday. Let's just say not so good. I have a severe case of sleep apnea and will need to sleep with a Cpak as treatment. I'm happy that I took the test because since my whole 3 month tonsillitis episode, I've been falling asleep while driving. I mean it has really been a struggle at times and I'd call friends and family to try and talk to them so that I'd stay awake. If you hold your breath (or stop breathing) 30 times you are categorized as severe. I did it for 97 times #scary. My shortest time was 17 sec. and the longest was 47 sec. (with stats like that I ought to be able to swim #IkidIkid. As I learn more about sleep apnea I will definitely keep you informed.

No comments: